Hello,

Welcome Back,

Please sign in to your account!

Forgot Password,

Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.

Sorry, you do not have permission to ask a question, You must login to ask a question.

Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.

Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.

Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.

Home Latest Topics

iRis

11:30 PM in the Arctic [OC][3024×4032]

The Midnight Sun Illuminates the Arctic Landscape

11:30 PM, July 15, 2022, Arctic Circle

As I emerge from the small cabin, I am greeted by an otherworldly sight. The Midnight Sun, a phenomenon that occurs only near the Arctic Circle, casts a golden glow across the vast expanse of tundra stretching before me. The warm summer air is filled with the sweet scent of blooming wildflowers, their delicate petals swaying gently in the evening breeze.

The sky above is a brilliant blue, with the sun hovering just above the horizon. It’s hard to believe that I am still technically in the midst of my day, with the sun remaining suspended in the sky for several weeks during the Arctic summer. As I breathe in the crisp, clean air, I am struck by the eerie silence that pervades this untouched wilderness.

To my left, a group of caribou migrate across the landscape, their large hooves sinking into the soft soil as they make their way to their traditional grazing grounds. The sound of their snorting and gentle lowing fills the air, a soothing accompaniment to the soft rustling of the grass beneath their feet.

As I venture deeper into the Arctic landscape, I notice the subtle changes in the terrain. The dense forest of spruce and fir, the staple of the Arctic ecosystem, has given way to a more sparse tapestry of shrubs and low-lying plants. The earth beneath my feet is a tapestry of different colored soils, a testament to the varied mineral composition of this unforgiving but breathtaking environment.

As I explore further, I come across a small glacial lake, its surface reflecting the pale blue of the sky above. A small boat, left behind by some earlier adventurer, lies upside down on the shore, a mute witness to the countless stories that this wild place has seen. The sound of gently lapping water against the shore is hypnotic, a soothing accompaniment to the quiet majesty of the Arctic wilderness.

As I make my way back to the cabin, the sky to my left begins to darken, slowly taking on a deep indigo hue. The stars, once faintly visible in the bright light of the day, begin to twinkle like diamonds against the blackness of space. I settle into my small chair, feeling a sense of peace wash over me as the sun dips below the horizon, the true night of the Arctic finally taking its place.

The Midnight Sun has bid me farewell, leaving in its wake a world of silence, mystery, and untold wonder. As I gaze out at the now-darkened landscape, I know that I will never forget this moment, one that has left an indelible mark on my soul.

Download image 11:30 PM in the Arctic [OC][3024×4032] by F1shermanIvan