Hello,

Welcome Back,

Please sign in to your account!

Forgot Password,

Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.

Sorry, you do not have permission to ask a question, You must login to ask a question.

Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.

Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.

Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.

Home Latest Topics

Kevin Stratvert

3-2. Enter data: Column width and row height

video
play-rounded-fill

To turn off the format painter, I simply press the escape key and that’ll turn it off. Now, with all of these columns, you’ll notice that they all have a certain width. I can click right up here between these two columns, and I can change the width of the column. Here I made it smaller, and you’ll notice that it changed to these hash symbols, and the reason why is the full number doesn’t fit within the space. The number is still there, but you just can’t view it because it’s too narrow. So right up here I could drag it to make it wider again. Here I can select multiple columns and here I can drag the edge and that’ll adjust the size of multiple columns at the same time. Now, you might think, well, what if I once you adjust it to make sure it fits all the contents so I have to go through and adjust the width until I get it just right. Well, now you don’t have to do that. You can simply double click on the divider here between the two columns, and that will apply a best fit. It’ll ensure that it fits whatever the widest content is in this selection area. Now, let’s say you want to best fit multiple columns. You could go through and select all the columns you want to best fit. Or here in the top left hand corner, I can click on this triangle icon and that selects all the columns and here all the rows and here I can simply double click. And that will make sure that all of the columns fit the data on the sheet. This works for Rows as well. Here I can simply double click and that’ll ensure a best fit for the rows. So it behaves the same way as the columns.